Follow Us

CONFIDENCE: BY-PRODUCT OF COURAGE

Image source: Google 
When I got to law school, I tried so hard to set a goal on making First Class. But I couldn't. I just couldn't imagine it with all the stories I heard about how difficult bar exams were and where I placed my academic strength.

One of my lecturers in university asked me "Amaka, hope you're aiming for First class?" I laughed so hard at myself and the question. I couldn't just picture myself making First Class. Then I told him I didn't want First Class, that I don't even see myself making one. So he told me, I understand your fears, but once you start reading voraciously, your confidence will heighten and you'll see that you can make First Class.

As my bar exams drew closer, I read like crazy. Covering all that I needed to cover. I read and read till my mind started realizing the possibility of making a First Class. But it was somehow late now, cause the preparation I made earlier wasn't for a First Class.

So, what exactly am I saying?
You need to take courageous steps towards your goals, waiting to be confident enough to start will be a long wait. Confidence comes after a courageous step is taken.

Learn to move and do what God has laid in your heart even if you have to do it afraid. Once you start, confidence will follow suit.

Have a fearless Friday!
Love you large.

Share this:

 
Copyright © THE FEARLESS LIVING EMPIRE. Designed by Femtosh Global Solutions